CARLISLE EVENTS 2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
We’re looking for 5 interns that will be positioned in various roles of our six automotive events held at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Interns will learn the ins and outs that go along with large event production. This is not a typical internship where you sit at a desk all day. You can expect this internship to be a hands-on learning experience that will position you in the execution of nationally recognized events that attract tens of thousands of attendees per event and a season attendance like that of an NFL home schedule. Assignments are predominately during event weeks and weekend work (during events) is required. To see the dates for our events, please visit www.carlisleevents.com.
ROLES: You will gain broad experience through our automotive events and other related functions. Functions and events may include motor sport activities, parades, judged events, club meets and gatherings, celebrity appearances, live music and special displays. Roles include, but are not limited to:
• Administration of event activities and operations; which may include coordination and registration functions of participants and business clients.
• Customer service positions such as interacting with event participants to corporate clients at connection points of events and event activities.
• Marketing for our events, which may include taking videos and photos, writing for both print and media, making posts on our social media platforms, and editing footage.
• Project Management such as responsibilities ranging from concept to execution of event activities, programs, contests, giveaways, seminars and entertainment.
• Data gathering, which may include customer surveys and contest management.
• Event set-up/tear-down including preparing events for activities with supplies and rotating events and activities.
• Be eager to learn various sides of event production.
• Meet, greet and interact with public.
• Be engaged with activities at hand.
• Present a professional demeanor in a casual environment.
• Be willing to work odd hours, which may be late or early on event weekends.
• Preferred intern candidates would be in a business, communication, hospitality or sports major, with career interests in marketing, public relations, journalism, event planning, entertainment or venue management.
Internship Start & End Dates: mid May to mid August (flexible depending on intern availability)
Deadline for Cover Letter & Resume Submission: April 12, 2019
Submissions to: Sabrina Smith, Event Marketing Coordinator- SabrinaS@CarlisleEvents.com
Book online or call (800) 216-1876