For Immediate Release
Gallagher to Appear at Carlisle Truck Nationals
World Famous Comedian to Meet Fans/Promote Local Performance
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Watermelons, monster trucks, a ten foot hammer and a funny man. What do all of these have to do with the Carlisle Truck Nationals, August 5-7 at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds? In general, only 25% of that list can be found at Carlisle each summer. This year, however, funny man Gallagher will bring the other 75% to the fairgrounds for a special appearance.
Friday, August 5, the day of his show at the nearby Carlisle Theatre, Gallagher will spend at least an hour (2-3:00 p.m.) at the fairgrounds to meet fans, sign autographs, smash watermelons and promote his evening show. The legendary comic has something special up his sleeve for everyone to see when he comes to Carlisle and it involves a big truck and a specially constructed hammer. Let’s call it a Super- Sized Sledge-O-Matic!
“There are a lot of big things at the Truck Nationals,” said Gallagher just before his Ft. Lauderdale to New York flight. “You’ve got big rigs, big trucks and a big crowd and it’s only fitting that I have a big hammer and do what I do best - smash big melons.”
Gallagher’s show at the Carlisle Theatre begins at 8 p.m. with tickets ranging from $10 for students with a valid ID to $30 for seats near the stage. This is his second appearance at the historical theatre, but his first without his famed (standard size) Sledge-O-Matic hammer. The “no smash” show at the Carlisle Theatre makes his appearance at the Carlisle Truck Nationals even more unique in that audiences of all ages will have the opportunity to see him twice in one day at two different venues entertaining in two amazingly different ways. Representatives from the Carlisle Theatre will be on site at the fairgrounds to sell tickets for his evening routine at the theatre.
Meeting Gallagher and checking out Monster Trucks at Carlisle are just two parts of the Truck Nationals. With annual crowd in the tens of thousands, haul in to one of the largest truck events geared towards the entire family. This show is a must-attend with over 2,000 trucks of all shapes and sizes. You’ll see everything from restored classics, lifted or lowered 2- and 4-wheel drives to chromed-out big rigs. The entire family will enjoy monster truck shows and rides, the Kids at Carlisle activity area, and shopping in the swap meet, truck corral and Manufacturers Midway. The pulse-pounding fun continues with a truck tug-o-war contest, burnouts and so much more.
# # #
Journalist note: Information about Carlisle Events, its event listings, auction offerings and the Carlisle Expo Center is available to journalists by phone:
717-243-7855 ext. 133
# # #